Yamaha YPT Music Rest/Stand

by Damian Sciberras
(Paignton, Devon, UK)

Please can someone tell me where I can buy a replacement music rest/stand for a yamaha YPT 200. I need one for the school music room and I have searched the internet but cannot find them for sale anywhere.

Please help!

Comments for Yamaha YPT Music Rest/Stand

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 20, 2019
Re music rest / parts
by: Anonymous

Me too I've found this www.andertons.co.uk/replacement-music-rest-for-yamaha-keyboards
15 £

And this :
20 $ US

Aug 07, 2009
Sheet Music Stand
by: Alfred

Dear Damian:
Music Stands generally are supplied in two styles, Plastic Panel or Rod. When they are not readily available from manufacturers, you might consider making a simple one yourself from 3/16” diameter Iron or Copper Rod, or have a local workshop custom make one.

Your Keyboard has either two support Slots or two support Holes into which the Stand fits. The 3/16” diameter of this proposed Stand should fit into either type of Keyboard support aperture.

The Rod used should be approximately 29” long, including a 14” Top and two 71/2” Arms. (71/2” from each end of the Rod make bends to form a straight-topped “U”).

About 1” from the Rod ends, bend them backwards about 30 degrees in the same direction. This will eventually produce the incline for the Sheet Music. As an option, a 2” Ledge can be epoxied to the front at the point just above the bends.

Before rushing into “production” visualize, read and clearly understand these instructions. Good luck!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Yamaha YPT Keyboards Discussions.