Electricity Power -International

by Brady
(Gold Coast, Australia)

We are moving to USA from Australia and considering bringing the YAMAHA PSR420E. Will power supply work in USA from Australia?


Comments for Electricity Power -International

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 11, 2008
Voltage converter - Australia to USA
by: Blaise Pascal

Hi there,

First you have to check the keybord adapter' specifications on this. It would give you an indication on how to handle this issue. Mainly it says something like "input 120 Volts"; "input 230volts" or "110 - 240volt".

As the mains power in Australia is 230V and in the USA is 120V, I would suggest to use a step-up "voltage converter", also called "transformer" which will convert the 110V - 60Hz to 230 Volt - 50Hz in case the input power of your adapter is 230volt.

For additional information on this:

Step down-up-transformers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_converter

Here are some samples on converters http://powerbright.com/transformers.html

voltage and frequencies

All the best,

Moshi, Tanzania.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Yamaha Music Keyboard Discussions.