amplifiying roland keyboard

by charla
(newcastle upon tyne)

how do i hook up my keyboard to a p.a amp the amp is a 4 channel it has 4 imputs for mic,s and 4 other imputs,main,efx,aux,ftsw the keyboard has 2 line outs l&r,do i need to take 2 cables from keyboard to 2 mic imputs on amp or just one cable from the stereo imput can anyone help.thanks.

Comments for amplifiying roland keyboard

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 09, 2010
amplifier connection
by: Dick Rector

Hi Charla,

DON'T use the 'Microphone In' on the amp for your keyboard. The signal will be much to strong for that input and the sound coming out will be extremely distorted!!
What you need is a normal stereo cable (long enough of course!) like you use for a home stereo-set 'from your Line out or aux out) from the keyboard to AUX IN or LINE IN on the amp. Usually they have on both sides a red and white RCA plug, also called Tulip plug. On some keyboards the AUX/LINE out has big Jackplugs.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Music Keyboards Discussions.